If you wish to pursue a SOLA implementation with assistance from the SOLA Team, the approach generally taken is as follows
- You should first contact the FAO Voluntary Guidelines Team to indicate your interest in pursuing a new SOLA implementation
FAO - Climate, Energy and Tenure Division (NRC)
Viale delle Terme di Caracalla
00153 Rome, Italy
- You should then arrange a formal request from your country to FAO for assistance (usually this is done through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, but in some instances is initiated by the Minister responsible for your agency or the Head of your organization)
- FAO will work with you to identify sources of funding for your SOLA implementation
- A feasibility and initial scoping study will be undertaken by a SOLA Team member which will also identify the scope of customization (approx 2 weeks)
- Training will begin with the 3 day SOLA Scrum Training
- This will be followed up with the 2 week (approx) SOLA Software Developer Training
- The startup tasks for the new project will be completed as outlined by the scoping study
- Customization of SOLA to meet the needs of your country/state will proceed along with the implementation of any new functionality or enhancements
- Once your customized SOLA is ready for deployment, End User training will be conducted (1 to 2 weeks) followed by a rollout of the new software
- A review of the implementation will occur and steps to proceed with SOLA will be identified as appropriate
The steps outlined above typically take around 9 to 12 months to complete depending on the SOLA software customisation effort to ensure SOLA satisfies your organisation’s needs.
Consulting Organisation / Software Developer
If you are a consulting firm or software developer that would like to obtain SOLA customization expertise
- You should contact the SOLA Team to indicate your interest in the SOLA training
- We will discuss your training requirements and the likely costs involved to deliver the training
- If you choose to proceed, you will need to complete an agreement stating that you will adhere to the Voluntary Guidelines on the Governance of Tenure in the work you undertake
- We will provide SOLA Software Developer training to you and/or your development team so that you and/or they become familiar with the SOLA Development Environment and are competent to undertake SOLA customisation work.
Education Providers and Students
If you are an education provider or a student that wants to use SOLA as a case study or research topic in your course of study, you should first review the documentation available on the flossola.org web site. The SOLA Team endeavor to regularly publish new documentation and keep material up to date. Should you require further information, contact the SOLA Team with an outline of the details you require and a member of the SOLA Team will respond.